Pop Up Camper Repair-- Part 2--Oh Oh

Once the roof was in the garage, I went to work removing the aluminum channels and skin to find out what I was working with.  OMG!  One side wall was completely gone.  I mean gone.  There was nothing between the two pieces of aluminum but sawdust and rotten fragments of wood.  The ants had had a feast while the camper had been parked for the year.





There is a wood frame around the outside of the roof.  The inner core looks like rigid insulation.  This wood frame was also gone on one side and so wet on the back, front and other side, I decided I would remove all of this also.  Actually, I had no choice with the one side, as that was missing as much of the roof wall above it was.

Note the orange can of ant spray.  That was my main weapon against the ants that just kept on coming.

So this is what I was facing after a day of removing all the metal.  A roof with the rigid insulation sandwiched between the top and bottom pieces of aluminum.


This was going to be a bigger project that I thought!!!!


Comments

  1. Neil- thanks so much for posting your process thru all of this. We are possibly purchasing my parents pop up and it has to have the roof redone. With your details it does not look that difficult, just mostly time consuming and a little tedious, but will save $$ than buying a new one. We may reach out to you if we decide to tackle this project ourselves, thank you again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reach out any time. fallonn@aol.com is a better email for me. Reference the blog.

      Delete
  2. Pleasant website! For water sealing I discovered EPDM Mobile Home Roof Repair best and nothing is in its examination.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pop Up Camper Repair - Part 1 Let's Remove the Roof

New Wheel